-Istanbul, 9th October 2017
The global carrier reached the highest Load Factor in last five years in September 2017, with 81.5% LF.
Evaluation of September 2017 Traffic Results:-
- Total Load Factor improved significantly by 5.7 points to 81.5%, while international LF increased by 6.1 points to 81% (September 2015 LF: %79.3)
- Double digit growth in demand (revenue per kilometer) that commenced in July, kept on with 10% demand growth.
- Total number of passengers carried went up by 13% reaching 6.7 million passengers. Compared to September 2015, number of passengers carried increased by 17% and demand increased by 21%.
- Excluding international-to-international transfer passengers (transit passengers), number of international passengers went up by 30%.
- In September, cargo/mail volume increased by 25%, compared to September 2016. Main contributors to the growth in cargo/mail volume, are Middle East with 44% increase and Europe with 31% increase.
- In September, Load Factor increased for all regions. North America and Far East showed visible growth among other regions with 10.3 points and 6.3 points increase, respectively.
Evaluation of January-August 2017 Traffic Results:-
- During January-September, increase in demand and total number of passengers was 5.5% and 6.1%, respectively, over the same period of last year. Total number of passengers reached to 51,6 million.
- During January-September, total Load Factor improved by 4.3 points up to 79%, while international Load Factor increased almost by 5 points, up to 78%.
- Cargo/mail carried increased by 27% and reached to 810 thousand tonnes, thanks to strong pick up in cargo/mail volume in January-September period.
Turkish Airlines, Established in 1933 with a fleet of five aircraft, Star Alliance member Turkish Airlines is a 4-star airline today with a fleet of 328 (passenger and cargo) aircraft flying to 300 destinations worldwide with 251 international and 49 domestic. According to the 2017 Skytrax survey, Turkish Airlines, already having a six consecutive years of “Best Airline in Europe” award between 2011-2016, now chosen as the “Best Airline in Southern Europe” for the ninth consecutive times. Having won the “Best Economy Class Onboard Catering” award in 2010, Turkish Airlines also awarded as the World’s “Best Business Class Onboard Catering” in 2013, 2014 and 2016, and 2017. Winning the “World’s Best Business Class Lounge”award in 2015 and 2017, the global carrier also picked up the World’s “Best Business Class Lounge Dining” award for the third consecutive years according to this year’s survey results.