Packing your toothbrush is one of the last things people mind while stepping out of the house. Traveling is an exciting experience that can enhance your personal growth. But there’s no excuse for compromising on your personal hygiene when you’re traveling. A travel toothbrush is needed to keep your mouth clean and healthy while also improving your breath and sense of taste. In the event of stepping out from their comfort zone to a different environment, people often miss out on their hygiene routine, which includes oral hygiene. But, cleaning your teeth while traveling must be as regular as when you are at home.
Depending upon the individual choice, people take dental flosses or interdental brushes. Some opt for just portable travel toothbrushes, while others want the toothbrush with vigorous features to ensure an extra level of cleanliness.
Here are the 15 best travel toothbrushes recommended by the experts, praised by the reviewers, and known for their effectiveness and high quality.
1. Radius Tour Travel Toothbrush
This US-made toothbrush, although being a manual toothbrush, is a stylish option for the replaceable heads that seals tightly to keep teeth debris out. It also provides wide coverage for your teeth surface, has robust features that include a jackknife (head folding safely inside the handle), eco-friendly wood-based bio-plastic handle. Since the head is replaceable, you can save your money as you don’t need to buy a full new toothbrush in case of bristles wearing out.
One can buy it in packs of three or six. The only complaint people have regarding this toothbrush is the bristles being too soft and handles a little loose.
2. Oral-B 3D White Action Power
Blended with the electric model and portability features at a very modest price, Oral-B 3D White Action Power offers a lot of benefits to travelers.
Its key features include a replaceable head, 14000 strokes per minute, one AA battery having a long life and a brush head with a rubberized bristle, and a rotating active cup that helps to hold toothpaste for the removal of surface stains.
As a dentist-recommended toothbrush brand, Oral-B 3D is compatible with Oral-B Deep Clean, Pro-health, and 3D white replaceable heads, while the brush heads should be changed every three months. The AA battery is also replaceable, and the brush uses position detection technology and a visible pressure sensor. The advanced battery-powered toothbrush supplies six modes: gum care, daily clean, whitening sensitive, tongue cleaning, and pro-clean; and a great price that any of us can afford to, given many useful features.
Also Read: 20 best neck pillow for airplane travel
3. Colgate Max Fresh Wisp Disposable Mini Toothbrush
Breathe confidently by brushing your teeth with Colgate Max Fresh Wisp as it gives you instant
cooling and super freshness. Keeping germ build-up at bay, they do an excellent job removing plaque and have become a perfect option while traveling. This pocket-sized mini toothbrush is sugar-free, requires no water or rinsing, and lets you brush anytime, anywhere. It is the absolute best on-the-go toothbrush, single-use and disposable.
4. Lingito Folding
Lingito Folding Travel Toothbrush fuses soft bristles and active charcoal to give you a cool and fresh smile. In addition to being budget-friendly, Lingito Folding can give you effective teeth cleaning, gentle gum protection, and toothbrush head fold into the handle, to 4.5 inches so that bristles aren’t collapsed and easy to take with you either in a large bag for long trips or small bag for weekend getaways. The folding toothbrush doesn’t require a toothbrush case; it has a sturdy and durable material with a firm ergonomic grip handle and a gentle bristle that wouldn’t cause damage to your tooth enamel.
5. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush
Endowed with three different intensities and five different modes to alternate between, and a charging travel case, the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean toothbrush is a bit of a luxury item in travel packs. This portable toothbrush is worth your money as its powerful sonic technology can remove plaque seven times more than normal manual toothbrushes to ensure you have the cleanest mouth possible.
6. GLEEM Electric Toothbrush
GLEEM battery-powered electric toothbrush has a perfectly tuned-in balance between form and features to compete with the best available value options in the market. It is equipped with a sonic vibration motor, powered by one AA battery, and is designed to provide a gentle clean with its nylon bristles. It is portable and has travel cases. Thinking about its price? No worries, it has a reasonable price with multi-features.
7. Fairywill Dual Sonic Electric Toothbrush
This premium rechargeable toothbrush resorts its pride on 40000 micro-bushes per minute for professional-style cleaning. It has an extended battery life, with each USB charge lasting about 4 hours (30days). The low battery reminder and two-minute smart timer add to Fairywill’s features, making it one of the best travel electric toothbrushes.
8. Gum Folding Travel Toothbrush
This toothbrush model comes with a patented antibacterial agent and a built-in tongue cleaner. The tri-fold designed toothbrush is lightweight and easy to carry, along with being excellent at keeping your mouth grime-free.
9. VIOlife Electric Travel Toothbrush
Fun design, snap-on vented cup, 22000 strokes per minute are the features of this toothbrush. It’s the first battery-operated toothbrush whose battery compartment is waterproof, and its built-in vented cap releases moisture making it an ultimate ideal travel toothbrush. It weighs only 0.12 pounds but remains a perfect on-the-go companion to carry in the purse, cosmetic case, backpack, or briefcase. It is targeted mainly to fashion-forward women as this travel toothbrush is a combination of fashion and functions.
10. Oral-B Pro-Health
Oral-B is one of the best classic travel toothbrushes that have cross-action bristle, gum massage, and check cleaner, and on top of that, they are affordable. Comfortable-control handles, comprehensive cleaning, and vibrating bristles are all specialized to address every traveler’s unique dental needs.
11. HIEIE Sonic Travel Toothbrush
This easy-to-charge toothbrush comes up with 38000 strokes per minute, 15 different brushing modes, a USB charge, and a portable travel case for your convenient trip. The advanced technology has a two-minute timer and auto-shut-off quality too. HIEIE Sonic travel toothbrush has a dupont brush head to clean the gums and the inside of the mouth much better. It also comes with long battery life allowing travelers to enjoy 30 days of normal use with just 7-10 hours of charging this electric toothbrush.
12. Ortho Travel Folding Toothbrush
Catering to the needs of people having braces, this travel toothbrush has a special design to maneuver around the braces and is lightweight, with an economical price coming with a bunch of six such brushes.
13. Mouth Watchers Doctor Plotka’s Travel Toothbrush
This manual toothbrush offers a breakthrough in oral care through its patented polyester bristles, antimicrobial material on bristles removing 99% of bacteria within 6 hours. It is the best toothbrush developed by Dr. Plotka. This travel toothbrush is dedicated to healthier teeth, gums, and general health. Its ergonomic comfort grip, fordable version, revolutionary antimicrobial dual layer flossing bristles, etc., provides travelers a breakthrough in oral care.
14. Hello Boo Bamboo Toothbrush Set with travel case
It is a biodegradable, eco-friendly toothbrush contributing not only to your teeth but the environment as well. It has nylon bristles and a sleek design that offers you a teeth-cleaning experience with 100% eco-friendly Moso Bamboo.
15. Greenzla Bamboo Toothbrush
It is a sustainable and organic bamboo toothbrush that features soft and springy bristles and comes with sleek cylindrical bamboo containers as well as charcoal mint dental floss.
Things to keep in mind while purchasing a travel toothbrush
Many different factors are taken into account while determining the best travel toothbrush for people, such as the way of traveling, traveling duration and purpose of the trip, etc.
- For most of the trips, choosing a toothbrush in a small size with a short and slim design seems like a great option. However, the best travel toothbrush for you is one that can reach all your teeth surfaces and is convenient enough to hold. As only certain ounces of things are permitted in your hand-carry luggage when traveling by airplanes, make sure to consider the size of your toothpaste.
- A good travel toothbrush has a receptacle for holding toothpaste that you can pass through an airport’s security screening.
- You should look for a toothbrush that protects the bristles; most people prefer soft bristle brushes that are safer for your teeth and gums. The hard or medium bristled brushes clean your plaque and food particles but can cause irritation to your tooth enamel and damage your gums.
- Select such a travel toothbrush that is suitable according to your budget. From electric to manual, varieties of brushes can be found in the market. Although both manual and electric toothbrushes are feasible, they vary in cost. Electric toothbrushes are more expensive to purchase as they come up with replaceable heads, use high-tech, and offer high quality.
- Depending upon the flight and trip duration, you can have the option of using disposable toothbrush-single use that is great for in-flight brushing.
- Generally, toothbrushes consist of materials made up of plastic. As dentists recommend the toothbrush change every three months, plastic toothbrushes can add up to the norm of using such toothbrushes. You can also consider buying toothbrushes that are eco-friendly or use bamboo, wood.
- Last but not least, make sure your travel toothbrush has undergone quality control tests or has earned the ‘American Dental Association’ (ADA) Seal of approval to be used safely on the tissues of your mouth or teeth.
The classic days of stuffing your toothbrushes into a plastic bag are now gone because such toothbrush takes a longer time to dry out and hence more time for bacteria to enjoy attacking your teeth. Why stress yourself out with the bulk of full tubes of toothbrushes and toothpaste in your heavy luggage when you can simply buy a travel toothbrush for your tour or trip where it can be accessed to you easily while traveling.
Weigh your choices; make your toothbrush an essential toiletry set. Spread the positivity with your fresh, healthy smile by choosing the best travel toothbrushes.