Airliners in Nepal: Simrik Airlines (सिम्रिक एयरलाइन्स) Imprints in Nepal
Airline History and Introduction
Established in 2009, Simrik Airlines has today well established itself as the most prominent fixed wing airline in Nepal.
Promoted by a group of distinguished aviator of repute with the vast professional experience in the field of aviation, it has created an indelible image as the provider of the best mountain flight experience.
1. Dornier DO-228
The Dornier 228 is a twin-turboprop STOL utility aircraft, manufactured by Dornier GmbH.
- General characteristics
- Crew: 2 pilots
- Capacity: 19 passengers
- Payload: 2,340 kg freight
- Length: 16.56 m
- Wingspan: 16.97 m
- Height: 4.86 m
- Wing area: 32.0 m²
- Empty weight: 3,739 kg (8,243 lb)
- Max: Takeoff weight: 6,400 kg
- Power plant: 2 × Garrett AiResearch TPE-331-5-252D and -10 variation
- Propellers: Hartzell Propellers model- HC-B4TN-5ML/LT10574 , 4 per engine
- Maximum speed: 433 km/h
- Cruise speed: 315 km/h
- Range: 1,111 km nmi with full payload
- Service ceiling: 8,535 m (28,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 7.5 m/s (1,870 ft/min)
2. Beechcraft 1900
The Beechcraft 1900 can operate safely on relatively short airstrips. The airplane is certified to fly up to an altitude of 25,000 feet above mean sea level with its pressurized cabin. It is designed to operate in most weather conditions, including icing conditions, and it is equipped with weather radar to help pilots avoid severe weather. The ICAO designator for the Beechcraft 1900 is B190.This is used in ATC flight plans and pilot reports, as well as for aircraft type identification on ATC radar.
- General characteristics
- Power plants: Two 820kW (1100shp) Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A65B turboprops driving four blade constant speed Hartzell propellers
- Performance ax cruising speed 495km/h (267kt): Range with 10 pax at long range cruising speed with reserves 2907km (1570nm)
- Weights: Empty 4327kg (9540lb), max takeoff 7530kg (16,600lb)
- Dimensions: Wing span 16.60m (54ft 6in), Length 17.63m (57ft 10in), Height 4.54m (14ft 11in) Wing area 28.2m2 (303sq ft)
- Capacity: Flight crew of two Cabin Crew One Passenger Seats Eighteen
- On April 10th, 2015, the nose wheel tyre of the landing gear of a Simrik Airlines plane was punctured. Simrik Airlines’ Dornier 228 was flying from Kathmandu to Lukla with passengers. The incident happened while the aircraft was about to turn from the runway to the apron. There were no casualties reported. The incident occurred at 10:00 AM and the runway was reopened at 1:00 PM after the aircraft was released by the Simrik Airlines Engineering Team
- It has been revealed that Nepal Airlines Boeing 757 and Simrik Airlines Beechcraft 1900C avoided fatal mid-air collision on September 4, 2015. Both aircraft had come so close to each other that they have violated 1000 feet separation rule.
Lukla, Pokhara, Bhairahawa, Jomsom, Khadidada, Simara
The airline company aims of adding two wide body jet aircraft of Boeing 777 series within a year from agreement date with an ambitious plan increasing its fleet. The new aircraft will operate the cargo flights including passenger operations in International routes.