ATR 72-212A of Buddha Air “9N-AMD” (PHOTO FEATURE)
March 5, 2017-KATHMANDU
Buddha Air, one of the leading domestic airline operators of the country has been serving the domestic flight operation privately in Nepal for last 20 years. It operates the services from TIA based main station and connects the capital with nine major cities of the country.
Buddha Air first started its operation with a single Beech 1900D aircraft but now owns four ATR 72-500, three ATR 42-320 and two Beech Craft 1900D aircraft.
Though Buddha Air does not conduct its operation to remote area but still it is well established and is people’s first choice to travel within the country.
About ATR Company:
ATR (Aerei da Trasporto Regionale or Avions de transport regional) is a French-Italian aircraft manufacturer company headquartered on the grounds of Toulouse Blagnac International Airport in Blagnac, France.It was formed in 1981 by Aérospatiale of France (Airbus Group) and Aeritalia (Leonardo) of Italy Its primary products are the ATR 42 and ATR 72 aircraft.
- Crew: 2
- Capacity: 68-78 Passengers (with club 2 seating). A 70-passenger configuration is the most used.
- Length: 17 m (89 ft 2 in)
- Wingspan: 05 m (88 ft 9 in)
- Width: 57 m (8 ft 5 in) (maximum cabin width)
- Height: 65 m (25 ft 1 in)
- Wing area: 00 m2(656.6 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 0:1
- Empty weight: 13,010 kg (28,682 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 23,000 kg (50,706 lb) (-500 still limited to 22,800KG)
- Fuel capacity: 5,000 kg (11,000 lb)
- Typical payload: 7,500 kg (16,500 lb)
- Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PW127 M or N certified for a 2750 SHP maximum take-off rating.
- Propellers: 568F-bladed Hamilton Standard, 93 m (12 ft 11 in) diameter
- Cruise speed: 509 km/h; 316 mph (275 kn)
- Range: 1,528 km; 949 mi (825 nmi)
- Service ceiling: 7,620 m (25,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 88 m/s (1,355 ft/min)
- Takeoff Run at MTOW: 1,333 m (4,373 ft)]