Lying south of Annapurna Base Camp, Mardi Himal is a gem and relatively unexplored mountain in Nepal. Mardi Himal Base Camp lies at an elevation of 4500m that fills anyone’s heart with adventure spirit with panoramic views of Annapurna South, Hiuchuli, and Macchapuchhre. As a Himalayan country, Nepal has innumerable trekking trails and mountains that come with eye-popping sceneries and a serene atmosphere.
Trekking to Mardi Himal is a challenging endeavor that leads you to densely forested areas through rocky hill terrains and no human settlements en route. A helicopter tour to Mardi Himal is a luxurious experience that offers a mind-blowing vista of Annapurna massifs, Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri, Gangapurna, Singu Chuli, Khangsar Kang, and other mountains, making it a visually satiating retreat.
Mardi base Camp helicopter trip is an alternative to those who don’t prefer taking winding trails that have lots of twists and turns or those who are down to crunch time. The stupendous Mardi Himal helicopter tour scraps the long walking trails for adventure lovers to hover hundreds of feet above sweeping valleys, towering hills, and waterfalls. Even those who are bounded by time and cannot break through the up and the downhill march of the entire route can make millions of memories and explore the natural beauty in a short period of time through this trip.
Also Read: How to book a helicopter in Nepal?
The helicopter flight takes off either from Pokhara airport or Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu, to undertake a scenic expedition of the Himalayas on a daily basis with private groups and shared groups. Taking to an extreme height of 4500m in Mardi Base Camp, this Mardi helicopter tour offers the cinematic and picturesque horizontal views of glistering mountains, picture-perfect landscapes, vast meadows, and floating clouds. It stands out to be an ideal choice to explore the magnificent mountain just close to your eye.
Major attractions of helicopter tour to Mardi Base Camp
- Glistering and incredible views of Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhre Annapurna III, Tara Kang Glacier Dome
- Graceful brownish hills, green alpine forests blooming with rhododendron, steep and altitudinal landscape
- Aerial view of Pokhara valley and its tourist attractions such as Sarangkot, World Peace Stupa, Dhampus village, and gleaming lakes
Trip Details from Kathmandu or Pokhara
One can take a flight from Tribhuvan International Airport Domestic terminal and fly to Pokhara Airport. The helicopter flight takes about 12-15 minutes of joyous ride to reach the March Himal Base Camp or Mardi Upper View Point. One can relish the pleasant flight with a glimpse of Pokhara valley, lofty hills, vast meadows, the natural scenic outlook from the helicopter.
On arrival at Mardi Base Camp, 30 minutes time is assigned as a ground time where one can witness the stellar display of mountains in Lamjung Himal, Annapurna, and Dhaulagiri ranges and see the trail that Annapurna Sanctuary Trek follows far below. It’s an awe-inspiring moment to stand right below the soaring peak of Mt. Machhapuchhre, right behind Mardi Himal, and experience high altitude nature of the area. One can take photographs to cherish this moment of a lifetime as an unforgettable memory during this time.
After 30 minutes of exploring the base camp, the flight takes off towards Pokhara via Lwang Ghalel village and Madi River Valley, with a flight duration of 12-15 minutes.
Highlights of Helicopter tour to Mardi Base Camp
- Swirling above traditional villages inhabited by Tamang people
- Get a peek at the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Range Mountains.
- A quick getaway to glorious Himalayan adventure with a chilly breeze and peaceful aura.
Mardi Himal Base Camp Heli tour is a perfect blend of riches of trek and luxury of a helicopter ride to roam the skies free.
Things to remember during the Mardi Helicopter tour
- Pack essential items such as sunscreen, lip balm, sunhat, sunglasses, mineral water, light snacks, warm clothes while traveling and touring around.
- The maximum elevation is 4500m, and the minimum elevation is 1400m (Pokhara).
- The maximum weight of a charter for embarking on a flight to Mardi Himal shouldn’t cross 450kg. A group size of a maximum of 5 can be accommodated on a single flight.
Cost of this trip
The cost of this exotic trip ranges from USD 225- USD280 per person.
Best season for Mardi helicopter tour
February to May and August-December is ideal for a Mardi helicopter tour suitable for travelers across all age groups.