Domestic airline companies are set to increase their basic airfare to different destinations, and have planned to effective from December 12 after the cost of air fuel hikes in Nepal, as per the recommendation of the Airline Operators’ Association of Nepal. Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC) has increased the price of Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) on Friday by Rs. 5 per liter, which hits the impact of fare hike in all domestic flights.
From being priced of ATF at an average of Rs 82 per litre last month for domestic airlines companies has become dearer to cost Rs 87 per liter and $850 per kiloliter from December 8. Industry experts and analysts suggest that while the airlines may pass on a part of this hike to customers to offset their costs.
According to the revised fare, for the regional sectors of Nepal for different airlines has been tabulated as follows:
- KATHMANDU-BHAIRAHAWA- 6055 Rupees
- KATHMANDU-POKHARA- 4730 Rupees
- KATHMANDU-BIRATNAGAR- 7220 Rupees
- KATHMANDU-BHADRAPUR- 8750 Rupees
- KATHMANDU-JANAKPUR- 4010 Rupees
- KATHMANDU-SIMARA- 3,500 Rupees
- KATHMANDU-BHARATPUR- 3505 Rupees
- KATHMANDU-TUMLINGTAR- 5720 Rupees
- KATHMANDU-DHANGADHI- 12, 369 Rupees
- KATHMANDU-NEPALGUNJ- 9565 Rupees
Similarly, the Airfare for Mountain Flight will cost Rs. 1120.