Himalaya Airlines new Airbus aircraft completes its first test flight (Photo Feature)
January 09, 2017 – Kathmandu
A brand new Airbus 320-214(WL) aircraft manufactured in Hamburg, Germany site of Airbus aircraft producing company, made its first test flight on Jan 06 successfully. The aircraft is soon to be delivered to a private airliner of Nepal flying International routes, established with joint venture of Nepal and Tibetan investment.
The aircraft has got a registration mark of 9N-ALV for the Nepali Sky. It was provided with a test registration D-AVVU for its test flight earlier in Hamburg, Germany (XFW). This kind of Airbus series i.e. Airbus 320-200 is a short-to-medium range aircraft with Maximum Takeoff Weight (MTOW) of 68,000 to 77,000 KG. The Airbus 320-214 will be powered by two CFMI CFM56-5B4/3 Jet engines and will have Sharklets on its wing.
The new Airbus 320 aircraft will be the second aircraft of the previous type in its fleet. The aircraft is MSN 7503 and will be delivered directly to the Himalaya Airlines. The airline expects to welcome second Aircraft 9N-ALM on January 20, 2017.
Previously the airline welcomed its first new Airbus 320 aircraft of MSN 6626, Airbus 320-214 in Nepal with registration number 9N-ALM, on March 9, 2016 at 14:25 NST. This aircraft carried the Right Honorable Prime Minister, Mr. K.P. Oli, Madam Radhika Shakya and the delegation on an official visit to Beijing, the capital city of the People’s Republic of China at 11:00 NST on March 20, 2016.
Meanwhile, Himalya Airlines is in final preparations to welcome its 2nd aircraft to extend its operation. Branding Manager, Mrs. Saleena Nakarmi from Himalaya Airlines informed that the airline will make a press announcement regarding the introduction of new fleet and addition of third destination for the 2 aircraft probably this week.
Photo Feature of Test Flight:
General characteristics of Himalaya Airlines fleet:
- Crew: 2 pilots
- Exit Limit : EASA: 195
- Capacity: 1-Class Max. Seating: 186 at 29 in (74 cm) pitch
1-Class typical: 164 at 32 in (81 cm) pitch
2-Class typical: 150 (12F @ 36 in, 138Y @ 32 in)
- Length: 37.57 m (123 ft. 3 in)
- Wingspan: 35.8 m (117 ft. 5 in)
- Wing area: 122.4 m2 (1,318 sq. ft.)
- Wing sweepback: 25 degrees
- Unit load devices: 7× LD3-45
- Tail height: 11.76 m (38 ft. 7 in)
- Maximum takeoff weight (MTOW): 78 t (172,000 lb)
- Maximum landing weight (MLW): 66 t (146,000 lb)
- Maximum zero-fuel weight (MZFW): 62.5 t (138,000 lb)
- Operating empty weight (OEW): 42.6 t (93,900 lb)
- Power plant: 2 × CFM International CFM56-5B, 68.3 in (1.73 m) fan
- Maximum speed: Mach 0.82 (541 mph; 871 km/h)
- Cruise speed: Mach 0.78 (515 mph; 829 km/h)
- Range: 3,300 nmi, 6,100 km with payload
- Service ceiling: 39,100–41,000 ft. (11,900–12,500 m)
- Rate of climb: 7.5 m/s (1,870 ft./min)