Public Awareness: Some aviation facts to twist your mind
In this winter season, when flights are constantly delayed, you may be stuck in the airport deskbound in the slippery leather chairs of the terminal or waiting in line for the flight announcement. You may also be at your office or at your home surfing your facebook in a timid way and wondering what to do. We are here to help.
We have listed some of the interesting facts about flying which can quirk your mind and entertain you for a while. You can also tell it to a hot girl sitting next to you when you are airborne.
Some 25 aviation facts to make you amaze are given below:
1. Air travel is the second safest form of travelling. Only the elevator/escalator is harmless, though it would take fairly some time to travel 1,000 miles on an escalator.
2. More than 80% of the population grieves from certain form of ‘aerophobia’ or fear of being airborne.
3. Numerous airlines have a law that each pilot flying the aircraft eats a altered meal, in order to lessen the danger of all pilots on board being sick.
4. A Boeing 747 is made up of six million parts.
5. An aircraft takes off or lands every 37 seconds at Chicago O’Hare’s International Airport.
6. The wing-span of the A380 is longer than the airplane itself. Wingspan is 80m and the length is 72.7m.
7. Travelling by air can shed up to 1.5 litres of water from the body throughout an average 3 hour flight.
8. The winglets on an Airbus A330-200 are the equal height as the world’s tallest man (2.4m).
9. The 747 family has hovered more than 5.6 billion people – comparable of 80% of the world’s population.
10. Around 1/3 of your taste buds are insensitive while flying. And, food tangs different on a plane. Afore take-off, the atmosphere inside the cabin dehydrates our noses and as the plane spirits higher, the alteration in air pressure numbs about a third of our taste buds. It’s also why a lot of airlines supplement heavy amounts of salt and spice to dishes.
11. The probabilities of being in a plane crash are astronomically petite.
12. But, if you were to smash, the back of the plane is the safest region to be.
13. Universally, the airline industry produces about $640 billion.
14. Food tastes dissimilar on an airplane.
15. The white trail a plane leaves in the sky can be used to forecast the weather.
16. It is impossible to open a plane access mid-flight.
17. The world’s busiest airport is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
18. ‘MAYDAY’ is derived from the French word m’aidez, which means help me.
19. The typical age of commercial aircraft is 19 years.
20. The Boeing 747 burns roughly one gallon of fuel every second. Over the course of a ten-hour flight, it may burn up to 36,000 gallons.
21. English is the international language of flight. All flight controllers and all commercial pilots who soar on international flights are compulsory to speak English.
22. According to Maxim magazine, the vibrations of an airplane and the lower oxygen levels can intensify sexual arousal and lead to more powerful orgasms. Those who choose to engross in sex on an airplane are said to have amalgamated the “Mile-High Club” .
23. Only 5% of the world’s population has ever been on an airplane. However the aviation sector is rising quickly, many people, especially from the underdeveloped areas, have never ever been in an aircraft and it is not probable that they will have a chance to fly in all of their lives. Nonetheless, at the same time a small minority of the world’s population fly very frequently.
24. The Boeing 747 (all versions) has toured an estimated 35 billion miles, that is the correspondent of 75,000 trips to the moon and back.
25. On 11th June 1962, Air India turn into the world’s first all Jet airline.